Sunday, October 20, 2013

Finishing Your To-Do List?

So, I got to read about your projects last week, which was super awesome. (Also, if haven't yet and you're still considering talking about your project, feel free to comment on last week's post anytime!) I saw some interesting fantasy-dystopian crossovers -- two of my favorite genres -- and lots of adventure and action and good stuff. I'm excited to see you all get some serious word counts down.

After today, there's only ten days left until November 1st. That's still plenty of time if you're still scrambling, but what do you have left to do? Are you still throwing plot points together? Researching? Gathering up all your favorite music for the best writing mood soundtracks? Doodling up characters?

I still have a bit to do, but I've made a whole lot of progress since last week. Here's my to-do list:

  • Finish revisiting book 1 and finalizing all the things that need to be finalized there. (Hopefully I can get this done today.)
  • Write the synop for book 3.
  • Finish up the rest of the remaining 250 Words Smash intro critiques.
  • Finish all the remaining asks in the ask box.
  • Finish -- or at least get very close to -- the self-pub post series.
  • Get the marketing things that I need to do accomplished.
  • Revisit the outline draft and kick it in the face.

Whew, I think that's it. It actually helps to get all this out where I can see it. Organization? What's that??? But I'd definitely recommend making a list and prioritizing the bigger chores! It creates that feel-good moment when you get to cross things out like, "Oh yeah, I'm so awesome, I just accomplished something."

So what's left on your list?

2 comments:

  1. It feels like every time I settle down and say "okay, I'm totally ready for November" I realize a whole minute later that I don't have this fleshed out enough or I don't have any music ready and so on and so on. That being said, I still don't quite know why my main baddie is so bad. Or how my heroes are supposed to settle this whole mess that's about to blow up in their faces. Besides that, I think I'm ready. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often Victoria do this thing where we kind of figure out motives and character drive and all the semantics of "why" as we go along. Sometimes you can write yourself into the answer, but that's what first drafts are for! You get a feel for the story the first time you write it, and then by the end, you have a whole different view of the story than when you began.

      Although, sometimes, you end up writing yourself into a corner...BUT STILL. First draft!

      Hope your day was victorious!

      Delete